Let us embrace sustainable habits through creativity. Everyone, the young and young at heart, can play a part in protecting our precious Planet Earth.
calling for entries
Many everyday, end-of-life items end up in landfills creating mountains of waste. They don't have to be left unwanted if you let your imagination run wild! Trash-Sure's ART OF TRASH Competition is inviting everyone to give unwanted items a second life. Embark on a meaningful journey to reduce, reuse and recycle, and be an inspiration for all.
Every artwork counts. Join us in taking a creative step towards a greener and more sustainable Singapore!
JOIN US IN MAKING
The theme of Trash-Sure's debut competition is #ArtOfTrash, inspired by Bordalo II's 7 x 10m tall sculpture of the critically endangered Sumatran Tiger at Gardens by the Bay.
Bordalo II turned trash into treasure by upcycling trash collected from all over Singapore. Now, it's your turn to unleash your creativity and be rewarded.
The competition is open to all participants residing in Singapore: Singaporean, Permanent Residents and Non-Singapore Citizens.
There are 3 categories:
Primary Category — For students aged 7 - 12.
Secondary Category — For students aged 13 - 17.
Open Category — For individuals aged 18 and above.
Submissions will be judged based on these criteria:
- Message on sustainability
- Resourceful use of waste/end-of-life materials as part of the work
Submissions must be constructed partially or fully with end-of-life materials such as discarded or waste plastics, cardboard, fabrics, or any other end-of-life products you can imagine. Be creative!
Artworks can be either 3-Dimensional (sculptures & assemblages) or 2-Dimensional (collages). The use of paint colours for the purpose of embellishing the artworks are welcome.
All entries are to be submitted electronically via www.trash-sure.com/home by 11.59pm on 10 December 2022.
Format of digitised artworks:
- Photographs must document the artwork clearly and visibly against a plain background.
- Participants should submit multiple photographs documenting the artwork from different perspectives.
- There should not be more than 4 images of one artwork.
- The images are to be saved in the following format:
- File extension: .jpg
- File format: JPEG/ 1024pixels X 768pixels High Quality Compression
- Filename for each digital image: (category)_(title of artwork).jpg.
- Total file size of all images should not exceed 10MB.
- Each artwork should have its own submission form.
Finalists will be notified via email by Tuesday, 20th December 2022.
We invite all finalists to physically submit their work for showcase at the Finalist Exhibition. The top 3 submissions from each category will be announced during the Finalist Exhibition.
All accepted digital submissions will be exhibited on the Trash-Sure website.
All finalist submissions will be displayed at the Finalist Exhibition held at a National Library Board Venue (location to be confirmed) from 21st - 18th February 2023.
You can find our Terms and Conditions here
Have any more questions?
Send them to us at: